What to bring to your Tax Appointment:
- Driver License or another form of government picture ID.
- Two years of previous tax returns
- Social Security Cards and birth dates for new additions on current year.
- Proof of Health insurance for the year, for ALL household members
- A check from your bank account marked “void” to use for electronic deposit of refunds or to pay any tax due (only if a change from last year or new client).
- W2(s) forms and last pay stubs for each job you held during the year.
- 1099(s) forms for interest, dividends, social security, investment sales, unemployment, other income, etc.
- Year-end brokerage statements for stocks and mutual funds, etc.
- Purchase and sale information (including dates) on any stocks or mutual funds you sold.
- Self-Employment income, expense records and reports (see TaxPocket on page 1 of website).
- Rental income and expense records and reports.
- Records or details of any other income received during the year.
- Mileage Log for business, job or charitable purposes. Including starting, ending odometer reading and total mileage driven during the year (written mileage logs are MUST for a legal deduction).
- IRA and retirement statements.
- Records of Medical expenses, property taxes and mortgage interest paid during the year.
- Records of cash charitable contributions greater than $250 to any organization made during the year MUST have a receipt from the organization.
- Records of non-cash charitable contributions – i.e. Salvation Army, Big Brother, etc.
- Records of any job related expenses.
- Proof of amount paid for higher education or trade schools (FORM 1098-T).
- Child and dependent care info – payments to babysitters, day camps, child care centers. Address and federal ID number of your provider is a requirement to qualify for this deduction.
- K1 forms for any Partnerships, LLC’s, S-Corps, Estates, Trusts, etc.
- Record of estimated tax payments made for the tax year to either/both State and Federal
- Agreement papers if recently separated.
- Divorce decree or agreement papers if previously married.
- If claiming dependent children that did not live with you, bring FORM 8332 with signature of custodial parent.